What breed?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sbaker, Feb 28, 2008.

1. sbaker

sbaker Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2008
    VA Soutwest
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, that isn't a Delaware, which you already knew, but what it is, I'm not sure right now. See you have 4 Dobes. My family bred AKC Dobermans when I was a kid. Great dogs!

3. sbaker

Feb 10, 2008
    VA Soutwest
    The chick is around 3 weeks in that pic.

Yes I love my dobermans. They are great dogs

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Well Cyn is right he is'nt a delaware that is for sure. Does he have feathered Feet? Does the breeder advertise for any other breeds. My guesses would be if It has featherd feet Giant Black Cochin or Langshlay( if the breeder only has endangered breeds) if it is clean legged maby a Jersey Giant or a Black Orphington. What color are the leggs?

Good luck I love my 3 delaware pullets great foragers and very meaty birds mine are very tame as well.

Henry

5. sbaker

Feb 10, 2008
    VA Soutwest
    Yes it has feathered feet Breeder still says the egg came from her Delaware hen and that its the 4th black chick that has come out of her flock in 2 years. We got the eggs off ebay. She has other breeds but says they are all seperate Can you tell if its a roo or pullet?
    We are getting 30 more delaware chicks the first week in April. I can't wait these 3 chicks have been so much fun

6. Ilikechickens!

Ilikechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    COLARADO
    A black langshun? [​IMG] A black cochin? [​IMG] It has feathered feet right and a single come? well hope i helped more than hurted [​IMG]

7. sbaker

Feb 10, 2008
    VA Soutwest
    Yep feathered feet. Single comb. We have no idea as to what it may be as these are our first chickens

8. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

that's a black cochin rooster

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by