What breed?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by awheel11, Jun 23, 2010.

1. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Hey this is my hen, Tigger and i'm trying to figure out what breed she is. She's pretty small compared to all my other chickens if that helps at all. I was thinking maybe a dutch bantam? I'm new to this site so i hope this shows up right [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. LadyBeartoothMamma

LadyBeartoothMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    hello she might be not sure but there is a index on breeds on here. I can look for ya if you want me too.. [​IMG]

3. awheel11

Jun 23, 2010
    that would be great if you don't mind! [​IMG]

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm not sure what she is but are her legs rough looking? It almost looks to me like she has scaly leg mites. I could certainly be wrong, but her legs don't look smooth like they should be in those pictures.

5. awheel11

Jun 23, 2010
    Quote:I was actually wondering this myself. There are a couple hens that have legs like hers in the coop, but most of them have smooth legs like they should. I have sprayed the coop and cleaned it with mite spray but is there something special i should use to treat for leg mites just in case?

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:I was actually wondering this myself. There are a couple hens that have legs like hers in the coop, but most of them have smooth legs like they should. I have sprayed the coop and cleaned it with mite spray but is there something special i should use to treat for leg mites just in case?

Pack there leg and feet with Vaseline.

Chris

7. LadyBeartoothMamma

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    so far and i could be wrong but she does look like a dutch bantam... She comes very close almost similar to the hens. So Id say she is one. I dont see any other hens that look like her with the other breeds so congrats [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. awheel11

Jun 23, 2010
    Quote:yay! thank you very much [​IMG]

9. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Sorry but that bird looks NOTHING like a Dutch Bantam. She's a cross breed [mutt] & she definately has leg mites.

10. LadyBeartoothMamma

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    okay was just trying to help cause i know its frustrating when you dont know what breed your chicken is., then what kind of mutt is she then.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by