what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hchorselover, Aug 9, 2010.

1. hchorselover

hchorselover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    I just got two chicks and they were both supposed to be barred rock one we know is but one were not sure its gold and black instead of black and white. Does anyone know what she might be? [​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    probably black sex link! If so, it's definitely a girl.

3. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    My guess would be black sex-link too. If you took away the comb, she would look like a female robin with that orange breast.

4. rooster lover 119

rooster lover 119 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    hard to tell its either a black sex link or a cross of something.[​IMG]

5. angelib1

angelib1 Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2009
    In my expert opinion I would say she is definitely Cute, which may not be the breed you were looking for but can sometimes be the best ones

6. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    here is a couple of pics of my black sexlink and although i see th gold coming in on yours it looks more spotted and my black sexlink has gold in the black but not spots, so although sex links are a cross I would think that you have a different cross. The it's gonna be really pretty.

7. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

wtbf, your BSL is very pretty! Mine looks a bit different, but mainly with black body, reddish chest, just different markings.

It's hard to tell from the OP's pics what the chick really is. The spots are very odd. Better pics would help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by