1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fullhouse, Apr 15, 2008.

1. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    I bought some Buff Cochins at TSC today, but I don't think they are really Buff Cochins as they have no feet feathers. Any guesses? Oh, and any guesses on the mystery spotted chick would be welcome. The person who helped me very nice, but had no idea what he was doing [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I think it is a buff orphington and the mystery chick may be a Easter Egger.

Good Luck,
    Henry

3. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    I agree!

4. fullhouse

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Thanks! I should add the mystery chick is smaller than any of the others by far.

5. BentWillow

BentWillow Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2008
    W. TN
    I have 5 easter eggers that looked just like that 8 weeks ago. We called them our little chipmunks. They look like this now.
    [​IMG]

6. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    The yellow chicks look as though they will be white instead of buff, but maybe that is my eyes playing tricks on me. I would be interested in seeing the "spotted" one better. Something tells me that it isn't an EE. It has yellow legs and from what I can see no muffs. Post another pic if you can, it will sure help in the ID of the spotted chick.

7. fullhouse

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    I think the heat lamp was washing out some color. The 2 darkest are red sexlinks. The wall behind them is a "milk" white. Does this help? That one is very feisty.

[​IMG]

8. fullhouse

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Quote:Cute! It does look chipmunk-ish [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by