What Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by koakritters, May 17, 2011.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    When she was a week old or so we thought she was a red sex link... now she's about 6 weeks, just wondering if people still think she is? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

*yes, she is a little crooked beaked... but she's the sweetest thing! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Yep, she is. Pretty bad crossbeak.... I've always had a softspot for crossbeaks. What a cute face [​IMG]

3. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Yup, still a red sex-link.

4. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    thanks! yah, i was sad when it kept getting worse, but she eats and drinks just fine, just have to figure out how to mash up her strawberries even more so she can eat her treats with everyone else! I figure i've had a one-legged duck and have a chicken who's got a very deformed/perhaps broken sometime in her past leg... she'll fit right in [​IMG]

5. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    You have a Red Cloud Cris-Cross!! [​IMG]

6. CayuseRanch

CayuseRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    No idea what a red cloud criss cross is but I bet you can't say it 5 times fast! [​IMG]

She looks like a golden comet to me which is a red sex link I think it is a White rock crossed with a NH Red, but not sure, something like that though.

7. Chickmate

Chickmate Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    SE Michigan
    She looks identical to my ISA Browns. It's a cross between a RIR female and a RIW male.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  8. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    oh, wow, she does look just like them!

these ones have been the most fun to guess since they came from a farm with like 50 different breeds of chickens! Whereas my chickens i've only got 1 roo and 3 hens... lol. even with mine though i've gotten some rather weird colors coming from them, like my white with a couple black feathers and a golden chest from my golden comet X GLW X ??? parents... it's the ??? on the dad's side that's been the fun thing to guess!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by