What breed ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tneggchic, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Tneggchic

Tneggchic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2014
    I bought a few chicks from my local tractor supply and even my local coop .. and well i know that one was an assorted bantam , however one was suppose to be an easter egger .. however i now believe i was totally given the wrong chicks ..lol dont get me wrong i love these 2 as they are the most friendly in my flock .. to humans .. but very bratty "plucking order" hateful to newer pullets i bring in .. also ive had no crowing, no eggs nothing at all .. and ive had these 2 since since the end of april 2014 ..
    [​IMG][​IMG] She was "suppose to be an easter egger"

[​IMG][​IMG] He was suppose to be an assorted ..

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. The top one is a Silver Laced Wyandotte, and the bottom one is possibly a BB Red Leghorn.

Could we see a few more pictures of the second one?

3. Tneggchic

Mar 24, 2014
    Yes i can post a few later tonight im hoping ! I never had really taken any pictures until i was told by another that they were pretty sure my top was not an easter egger :( .. what angles do i need pictures to be ? legs included ? Thank you so very much !

4. Tneggchic

Mar 24, 2014
    Ok .. i ran outside after digging out my camera and ive taken a pictures ! I know my other "black" gals and roos are australorps as i got them from a local who only raises them and easter egges

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. That's great, thanks!

I'm still thinking BB Red Leghorn.

6. Tneggchic

Mar 24, 2014
    Dumb question here .. but what is a BB Red Loghorn ?

7. Sorry, I should have specified! It is a Leghorn, but the color variety is Black Breasted Red, also known as BB Red. She seems to have very good coloring, too!

8. Tneggchic

Mar 24, 2014
    Its ok !! Im totally new to this ! And since you said she .. im gonna assume that could be why ive not heard any crowing then huh ... lol !

9. Oops, I meant Light Brown Leghorn, not BB Red! Sorry!

Yes, she is a hen. If it were a rooster, she would have a different color pattern.

10. Tneggchic

Mar 24, 2014
    Wow .. i feel like about as big as her now ! As i had assumed since her comb was big that she was a he !! Theres a ton i need to learn ! Ty !! If she was a he .. would there be more coloring ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by