What breeds?? All are "pure".

AshleyFishy

Songster
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
East Texas
Hey there I need help with what breeds these are. I order some assorted pullets from Ideal and have no idea what I got
Chick 1 is my biggest mystery.
Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Chick 5

Chick 6

Chick 7

Chick 8

AshleyFishy

Songster
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
East Texas
Quote:Nah can't be exchequer leghorn they are out of those, and they dont carry any marans but the cuckoo. Hadn't thought of light brahma though! I think your right about the buff orpington maybe.

barred-rocks-rock

Can't stick with a Title
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Quote:Nah can't be exchequer leghorn they are out of those, and they dont carry any marans but the cuckoo. Hadn't thought of light brahma though! I think your right about the buff orpington maybe.

Black Cochins? (the ones that they thought were marans)

AshleyFishy

Songster
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
East Texas

Black Cochins? (the ones that they thought were marans)

Nah they were out of blue cochins. Maybe dark brahman for 6 and black cochin for 8?

AshleyFishy

Songster
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
East Texas
Quote:Ok #3 is a buffy!
Hmm hadn't thought about SLW, could be I guess. I think your right about that being a SLW. It has a nice silvery color to it already.

Last edited:

barred-rocks-rock

Can't stick with a Title
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Quote:Black Cochins? (the ones that they thought were marans)

Nah they were out of blue cochins. Maybe dark brahman for 6 and black cochin for 8?

no i meant Black Cochins

AshleyFishy

Songster
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
East Texas
Quote:Nah they were out of blue cochins. Maybe dark brahman for 6 and black cochin for 8?

no i meant Black Cochins

Sorry lack of sleep, just got off of work! Yeah think it might be a black cochin. Anyone have any idea on #1?

Top Bottom