1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breeds and genders???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FarmGirl21, Nov 17, 2008.

1. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    This is Snoogy, bought as a roo, looks like a roo but no crowing yet?? Its been 3 days.
    [​IMG]

Little splashy girl, we thought was a cochin but really not THAt curvy :p. These are mostly younger pictures, she hasnt gotten very big though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grumpy Old Bat, no idea what she is.

[​IMG]

Falcon. ive posted his pics on the site before, but today after moving all my layer breed chicks, i noticed how much smaller he was then the girls, theyre basically the same age, i thought he was an EE, standard, but now im unsure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Snoogy looks like a lavender/self-blue silkie. I would say roo, does he have "streamer-like feathers" coming out of his crest?

I don't have much experience but the 2nd p9ic looks like a splash cochin to me.
    Grumpy Old Bat has me clueless. [​IMG]

Falcon looks like a very handsome EE boy. I can't wait to see how he grows out for you.

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    ditto

4. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i dunno if the splash girl's tail feathers have been picked on or what, but to me she look like a cochin/ arucana mix. but who knows?

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    ditto...except Falcon looks like he could have some Salmon Faverolle in him.

6. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Grumpy Old Bat looks like she is some kind of Penciled breed...

7. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    I would say snoogy is a splash, he looks like ours and he's a roo, you can tell by the comb, that is undenible. He will start crowing with time, Lol.

8. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    Falcon & splash came from the feed store (they get them from mcmurray). bat is just ugly, i think. I think she lays a darker egg than everyone else though, but not super dark.

9. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    1: splash silkie cockerel
    2: splash cochin pullet
    3: mix (possibly with game) hen
    4: EE cockerel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by