What breeds are my 7 chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LilyLeghorn, Nov 25, 2012.

1. LilyLeghorn

LilyLeghorn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2012
    California
    Hello-
    I hatched out 7 chicks, all super cute and healthy, but was wondering what breeds they are. All chicks have feathered legs/feet and are bantams. The seller I got the eggs from free ranges all her chickens, but these are the breeds they COULD be (or mixes of):
    -Serama
    -Silkie
    -D'uccle
    -Cochin (frizzle or smooth)
    -Frizzle
    -Sebright

They hatched out last Monday- these pictures are from when they were a day old- I will try to get newer pictures up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The two above are of Adella- she is black and white, her beak is pitch black and her toes are pink/black. She is now feathering out and has FRIZZLED wing feathers. She also has feathered feet.

[​IMG]
    Alice, the firstborn. She has a purple beak and very orange toes. 5 toes and feathered feet. White.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ari- black with feathered feet. Beak and toes are a mix of black and lighter colors. Feathering out now- has black feathers with dark brown tips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Loki- The roundest one. Very puffy still, white, beak and leg/foot coloring purplish (somewhere between yellow and black). Feathered legs/feet.

[​IMG]
    Maple- brown with markings. Feathered legs. Black crown and orangey feet/beak.

[​IMG]
    Pierre- hatched out of a tiny white egg (serama?). Smaller than all the other chicks, which are all bantam. Very orange beak and feet, 4 toes, but feathered legs/feet. Two black "patches" on head.

[​IMG]
    Sherlock- Light colored beak and pitch black feet. Extremely feathered feet/legs. 5 toes. White. Feathering out the quickest and losing fluff the quickest.

Thanks!
    -Michelle

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Sorry I can't help, but they are adorable.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    any with 5 toes are at least part silkie

4. LilyLeghorn

Mar 8, 2012
    California
    Blarneyeggs- thank you! They are very cute and fluffy :)

ramirezframing- Yes, I was thinking that too. But, I can't tell which... Some have 5 toes, all have feathered legs, some single comb, etc. etc. So many traits!

5. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    If she's free-ranging her flock, most likely all of these chicks are mixed. The silkie mixes will have 5 toes and black skin (both dominant genes in the first crossing), but only if the parents were pure.

Post pics of them when they get their feathers in, and we'll be able to make better guesses for the mixes.

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the 5 toed ones are silkis or silkie mixes
    all have either silkie, d'uccle, or cochin in them due to the feathered legs
    single combed ones could be a cross between cochin, d'uccle, or serama
    any with other typed combs will eiather have silkie or sebright in them
    any with a creast will have silkie in them
    any with beards are have either silkie or d'uccle in them (keeping in mind that silkies also come in beardless types and so do d'uccle and those are called booted bantams instead of d'uccle)

just possible combos that may or may not hold true...

7. LilyLeghorn

Mar 8, 2012
    California
    Pele- Ok, I will take more pictures of them this weekend and post them.

hdowden- thank you, your comment was very helpful :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by