what breeds are my new chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 4acresNachick, Jun 9, 2011.

1. 4acresNachick

4acresNachick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Hi! I got these chicks two weeks ago from a friend who hatched them at her house. They came from the same place I got my 4 1yr old hens. I have a few guesses as to breeds but I like a few more experienced people to tell me. Thank you
    [​IMG]
    kind of shy and loves to explore.
    [​IMG]
    I have two of these that are nearly identical. the above pic and this one are of the same chick we call her Tiana

[​IMG]
    I have two of these but this one has a much brighter head. She is my most wild, all she wants to do is chase bugs!
    [​IMG]
    This is my Sweetie. I don't know what she is or if she is a she but what a love bug. I have two of these and the other isn't nearly so friendly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the other lighter colored one. Less yellow on the head and lots of little black speckles down her back.
    I should say they are between 4-5 wks old and 2 of the six are half the size my RIRs were at this age. The others all seem bigger.
    Thanks for all the help!

2. sawmane1

sawmane1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    The first one looks Kind of like my GLW

Secongd one probably a RR

the third one might be a Bared rock

The last one looks like and easter egger

Edited for some spelling

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  3. 4acresNachick

4acresNachick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Hi. I was thinking that about the EE. The place I got them from has a two roos and about twenty hens. Lots of different breeds. The Roos are 1 plymouth rock and the other is a Gold Lace Wyandotte she said. So chances are good that they are mixed breed though she had quite a few of each of those two breeds. She hatched eggs from her coop and she has some of the friendliest chickens I've ever met! Sorry about any spelling errors

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by