What breeds are my new duckies??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Frenchie, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Frenchie

Frenchie In the Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    Dallas
    About a week ago I purchased these 2 cuties which I was told were about a week old, so in these pictures they are now 2 weeks old. Can anyone tell what breed they might be? My thoery is the black one (Daffy) might be Cayuga, and the other (Daisy)maybe Khaki Campbell?
    My daughters love these little guys! (Or girls) We have them inside at night with their heat lamp but since the Texas weather is already reaching 100 during the day, we have them in their temporary enclosure during the day with some shade, until the pond is finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DuckFanatic

DuckFanatic Songster

Jun 15, 2009
    AZ
    I think your guesses are right. You will be a able to tell for sure with the Cayuga when/if it gets beetle green feathers in the sunlight. If they quack they are girls and if they have a whispery voice they are boys but it might be too early to tell. Good luck with your duckies! [​IMG]

3. Frenchie

Frenchie In the Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    Dallas
    Thanks! [​IMG]

4. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Songster

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    The black one is definitely a Cayuga, but the other one looks a little too light-colored to be a Khaki. Maybe a Khaki cross?

5. alaskaduckgirl

alaskaduckgirl In the Brooder

Jun 11, 2009
    The black one is definitely a cayuga (I have 1) and the other could be a blue cayuga. Because it has the black feet and beak. My friend has a couple blue cayugas and they are that color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: