What breeds are these? 3 month olds lots of pictures

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by reveriereptile, Sep 10, 2008.

1. reveriereptile

reveriereptile Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I ordered these from McMurray Hatchery. I looked on FeatherSite to try to identify them as they were growing. Here is a list of what they could be:
    Sumatras, Dominiques, Golden Laced and Silver Penciled Wyandottes, Silver, Golden, Buff Laced, and White Polish, Golden Campines, Golden Penciled Hamburgs, Silver Penciled Rocks, Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins, Araucanas, Dark and Buff Brahmas, Phoenix, Fayoumis, Salmon Faverolles, W. L. Red Cornish, Lakenvelders, Black and White Langshans, Red Caps, Silver Leghorns, Crevecoeurs, Silver Gray Dorkings, Modern BB Red Games, Sultans, Buttercups, & Spanish.

I believe this is a male Buttercup from the comb and feather colors.
    Picture 1
    [​IMG]

I think this is a Black Langshan. It didn't have feathers on its legs when we first got them but started growing some at about a month old.
    Picture 2
    [​IMG]

Not sure if this is a Phoenix or Silver Grey Dorking or what gender.
    Picture 3A
    [​IMG]
    Picture 3B
    [​IMG]

Not sure what type of Roo this is.
    Picture 4
    [​IMG]

Another Roo that I am unsure of.
    Picture 5A
    [​IMG]
    Picture 5B
    [​IMG]

I'm 95% sure this must be a Salmon Faverolle Roo. It had fuzzy cheeks as a chick, yellow with a black spot on it's back, and the 5th toes.
    Picture 6
    [​IMG]

Got to be a Sultan but don't know what gender.
    Picture 7
    [​IMG]

W.L. Red Cornish?
    Picture 8A
    [​IMG]
    Picture 8B
    [​IMG]

White Cochin Roo? Has blue legs and is the largest of all of them.
    Picture 9
    [​IMG]

Not sure if this is a Araucana or a Wyandotte.Always been puzzled with this one.
    10A
    [​IMG]
    Picture 10B
    [​IMG]

Thought this might of been a W.L. Red Cornish till it started growing a different comb. No feathers on its legs.
    Picture 11A
    [​IMG]
    Picture 11B
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    first. buttercup. 2nd. Black langshan,. 3rd.. Silver dorking. 4th. Black breasted red Modern game. (bantam?), 5th. Buttercup. 6th.. looks right.. but not sure. 7th, sultan, 8th. white laced red cornish. 9th. not sure.. but looks more like a hen then a rooster. not sure on the last ones..

-Daniel

3. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    Thanks for replying. They are are large. The 4th is tall and skinny. Chickens #8 and #11 where both all yellow as chicks.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  4. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    I agree with the previous poster..
    Also,
    6= salmon Faverolle
    9= white Langshan
    10= blue laced red Wyandotte
    11= white laced red Cornish rooster (the other one is a hen)

5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    #1 buttercup cockerel
    #2 black langshan
    #3 silver dorking
    #4 BBRed modern
    #5 gold pencilled hamburg
    #6 salmon faverolle cockerel
    #7 sultan (cockerel?)
    #8 wlr cornish
    #9 not sure, doesn't look like a cochin, with the exception of the feathered legs...MM does carry a white langshan and offers them in the ROR assortment though...
    #10 blrw
    #11 wlr cornish

6. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    thanks for the pictures, they are all so interesting. What combo did you order?

7. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    Thanks. I thought cornish had regular combs so I looked it up and you're right. Does look like the rooster. Never even thought of that one being a white langshan. We have two smaller ones that look fatter which are probably the white cochins then since they look like the other ones. I ordered the rarest of the rare assortment. We wanted to have a bunch of different ones since we already had RIR and white leghorns. We got 4 polish out of the group but one just recently died. Couldn't see to good and got stuck in the fence. Another one had so many feathers we had to clip some cause it couldn't find the food and just kept sleeping. Started eating as fast as it could after we clipped the feathers.

8. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    #4 is a Black breasted red OEG Bantam for sure.

9. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:Type is wrong for an oegb...he's a modern

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  10. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:bleh, didn't even notice the Rose comb instead of the "buttercup". same color and i was half asleep so i missed it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by