What breeds are these 3?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by itsazoo, May 2, 2009.

1. itsazoo

itsazoo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2008
    Western PA
    *Edit* I think I've got it... I think #2 is the Wyandotte (as noted by many!), the EE is the one pictured further down the thread and that leaves #1 and #3 to be the Gold Spangled Hamburgs although they look nothing alike (less so the more feathers they get!) Thanks everyone for the imput!

These girls are 2 weeks old. They shouldn't be cross breeds & they're all supposed to be pullets (bought them from Ideal). I'm trying to figure out what breeds they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think? Thanks!

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    the first 2 look like cockerel and the last one looks like a pullet.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  3. doodledoo

doodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Cartersville, GA
    What did you order? It might help to identify them. [​IMG]

4. Shkittles

Shkittles Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know but the second one is BEAUTIFUL!!!

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Well, I see cockerel in the first, but not in the 2nd--just don't see any gender ID there or in the 3rd.

6. itsazoo

Jul 6, 2008
    Western PA
    Sorry, I was looking for breed, not gender. I sure as #@%*! HOPE they're all pullets as that's what I ordered (and paid extra for)! I know they "oops" sometimes on sexing, but I hope not!

Here's what I ordered:
    Ameraucana, Dominique, Spangled Russian Orloff, Columbian Wyandotte, Light Brahma, Buff Chantecler, White Giant, Appenzeller Spitzhauben, Cream Brabanter, Blue Hamburg, Gold Spangled Hamburg.

Thanks!

7. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    It would help if you told us what breeds you ordered. They are all gorgeous chicks![​IMG]

8. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I think the second one is a columbian wyandotte. The third looks like an Easter egger (Ideal calls them ameraucanas) maybe. I'm clueless on the first one.

9. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    #1 might be a Partridge Chantecler

#2 might also be a Light Brahma (or Columbian Wyandotte) - I can't tell the difference between a rose comb and a pea comb at this age.

#3 might be an EE (Ameracauna in Ideal-speak)

And I'm often wrong!

10. itsazoo

Jul 6, 2008
    Western PA
    *Edit* I think I've gotten it figured out as they get more feathers. I think these are the EE's. [​IMG]

They have very similar markings as the light Brahma but no feathers on it's feet.

The only other breed we're having a hard time identifying are the Wyandottes. We had 4 yellow chicks, 2 of their wings grew in all white and I thought those were White Giants but as their feathers come in more, they're not quite white (but not as "buff" as the Chantecler) and they're getting black around their necks so I thought those must be the Wyandottes, leaving me thoroughly confused about these black winged chicks, especially since columbian wyandottes don't have any black on their wings.

I printed out pictures of what all the different breeds would like like as chicks and as adults and was able to easily identify the rest of the group.

One of the chicks I thought were White Giants, they were yellow and huge...See the black pin feathers on the back of her neck?
    [​IMG]

...but they're not, because these are the Giants.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by