What Breeds are these bantam chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CheshireQueen, Feb 19, 2015.

1. CheshireQueen

CheshireQueen New Egg

Oct 13, 2014
    I impulsively bought 6 little bantam chicks today and they are different breeds & strait run. I am new to chicks and these are a first I've ever attempted to raise, since my first hatch got killed along with the mother hen....neighbors dog ripped out 3.5 in decking staples from solid wood, though I fixed that problem real quick. Currently I have them settled in a brooder and there doing good but I'm just curious what breed and/or sex they are, any help is well appreciated. Thank you~! [​IMG]

Pictures
    #1 Fluffy feathered leg
    [​IMG]
    #2 Of course my favorite blinked has green legs and white chest patch with it's redish face
    [​IMG]
    #3+4 two chipmunk looking ones (the one farther back is lighter)
    [​IMG]
    (this one looks just like the one above but lighter it flapped last minute)
    [​IMG]
    5+6 two yellow puffballs
    [​IMG]
    these two were very photogenic
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for reading and any help/advice is great~!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. Hatching

Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2014
    First is a silkie, second is a golden sebright, third and fourth might be bantam Easter Eggers. I don't know about the last two sorry

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  3. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    AAAWW How cute! Bantams are so hard to sex that the hatcheries won't bother. Expect a few roos. No idea what kind but, they sure are adorable! Welcome to our flock! [​IMG]

4. CheshireQueen

CheshireQueen New Egg

Oct 13, 2014
    Thank you~! I was hoping for a little Silkie and Sebright so that is awesome if they are and if I got bantam Easter Eggers I would die from happiness. Thank you again I have prepped for both roos and hens I can't wait to watch them grow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by