What breeds are these bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Foxiapii, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Foxiapii

Foxiapii Just Hatched

Apr 27, 2017
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is one. I have NO clue what she is.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have an estimate on this little girl. I think she might be a Belgian Bearded d'Uccle. However I still could be wrong.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  2. Abriana

Abriana Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2017
    The first one looks like our Bantam when she was little. It took a while, but i was looking in a chicken book and saw a picture that looked exactly like our Bantam and was a Dutch Bantam. Yours might be too. I don't know what the second one could be.

3. sshrader

sshrader Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2016
    Arkansas
    First looks like a dutch bantam currently. Second looks to be a buff brahma bantam. But very hard to tell with them being little fluff balls :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  4. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Second looks like it has puffy cheeks so I'll say d'Uccle. The first is probably OEGB since they are more common than Dutch.

5. sshrader

Sep 15, 2016
    Arkansas
    You are correct! I need to put my glasses on, I missed the fluffy cheeks.

I had a little bantam that looked like the first one & here is the end result:

[​IMG]

6. SunHwaKwon

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    How old is he and from where did you get him? I'm not 100% sure he's dutch but I don't know at what age they get the white earlobes.

Good news is that first chick appears female, whether it is Dutch or OEGB.

7. Foxiapii

Foxiapii Just Hatched

Apr 27, 2017

I know they're only a week max and Tractor Supply. The bantam are mixed so they don't specify breed.

8. SunHwaKwon

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD

Sorry, the first part was to @sshrader.

The dark eyeliner and bold markings of the first chick usually means girl.

9. sshrader

Sep 15, 2016
    Arkansas
    @SunHwaKwon that little roo is probably 12-16 ish weeks old, I believe. We got him from Atwoods which they use Ideal Poultry, was just guessing on the dutch blue cream light brown, he looks a lot like the pictures of them, except the earlobe?

A picture of another one i found on byc.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  10. SunHwaKwon

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I have 21 varieties of OEGBs, with 19 of them coming from Ideal :) They are great in that they offer a very good assortment of bantams! Your little bird looks like a fawn gold duckwing OEGB to me. I see the light color of the feathers around the earhole but the actual earlobe isn't white and I would expect it to be more prominent. On my splash rosecomb, which is 10 weeks old, the white earlobe, which is similar to that of the Dutch, is much more prominent already. I have a fawn silver cockerel, 10 weeks old, and I'll take a look at his earlobes when I get home to see if they look similar to yours (light feathers around the earhole). The other thing is he definitely doesn't look blue and they don't have any fawn varieties of Dutch. He is certainly a pretty little bird and I have another cockerel that I have fingers crossed is exactly that same variety.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by