1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breeds are these bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Englewood, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Englewood

Englewood Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    My grandpa gave me these banties and I was wondering if they were actual breeds or some sort of cross-breeds. They are all the same age. The one in the house is a rooster and the other two are hens. The roo is clean legged and the hens have leg feathering.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  2. Snappychicken14

Snappychicken14 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2014
    I think the gray hen is a faverole. I'm not sure what the other ones are though. Sorry!:/:):bow

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    All of them look like mixes to me. The two birds with feathered feet probably have Belgian Bearded D'Uccle or Cochin bantam in them. The rooster may have Old English Game in him, or Dutch Bantam (based off of the slate blue legs).

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    X2, all are mixes

5. Englewood

Englewood Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    Thanks. Grandpa does have both Cochin and D'Uccle, as well as Dutch, so that makes perfect sense. He hatched these 3 from his mixed flock, but I just wondered if any of them happened to be a pure breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by