What breeds are these chicks from TSC that gets them from Privett?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sunflowergirl, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Sunflowergirl

Sunflowergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Quitman, Texas
    I got babies 3 days ago. TSC was not at all helpful in knowing what they were! The red and the yellow are from the pullets bin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    The red one is probably a production red/rhode island red. Maybe the white one is a white leghorn? Or maybe buff orpington...seems a little light to be oen though. MAYBE the black and white is a silver laced wyandotte?
    Do you know what types of combs they have?

3. Sunflowergirl

Feb 16, 2012
    Quitman, Texas
    These are the first ever chicks for me, so I'll just describe what I am seeing. The yellow one seems to have a single ridge down the middle. The bluish one seems to have a wider, flatter comb area. The red one's is like a little ridge, but not a high as the yellow. They are settling down for the night. I will try to look again tomorrow when they are more active to see if I can see anything more.

4. Sunflowergirl

Feb 16, 2012
    Quitman, Texas
    I looked at the chicks this morning. I think the blueish one is going to have the pea comb. Looks like teeny, tiny vertical rows that are very flat in her comb area. The red and the yellow ones will probably be some sort of single comb.

StarLover21, I think you are very well in the ballpark of what these chicks are! Probably do have a RIR and Leghorn and some sort of wyandotte. Thanks so much for your input!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by