What breeds are these guys/girls?

piggirl19

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 24, 2013
IN PET LAND! :D

This is Little Red and i have no idea what breed she is and i would like to know if someone could tell me.

This is Lucky. I also don't know what breed she is either.

Last but not least my little Shadow. i would also like to know what breed she is.

Thank you for taking time to look at this :)

oh and i forgot to ask how old do you guys think they are? i have no clue they are starting to get their feathers a little bit the one with the best feathered picture is shadow haha but they are adorable :)

oh and i forgot to ask how old do you guys think they are? i have no clue they are starting to get their feathers a little bit the one with the best feathered picture is shadow haha but they are adorable :)

They look about 2 weeks old.
smile.png

Okay, here are my guesses. The first red bird is likely a Red Sex-Link, Rhode Island Red, or some sort of "production red". New Hampshire Red is also possible, but less likely. if its a Red Sex-Link, its a female. Otherwise, you have to wait until they get older. The second chick appears to have less red in her, and is likely a Buff Orpington. Its too young to tell gender for sure, but I'd watch that comb, as it seems a little large (if it continues to get bigger, and gets redder, you have a rooster). Finally, your last chick is a Barred Rock for sure. With the light coloring and the rather large comb, I'd guess male. I think that your chicks are about two weeks old, maybe a little older than that.

You have some very cute chicks!
big_smile.png
As Veer67 said, post more photos in a few weeks, and we'll be able to tell breed/gender a little better.

Last edited:
thank you guys so much haha its my first time have chicks :) so i have no idea what i am doing :) any kind of advice is helpful :) thank you and i really hope that i don't have any roosters lol i already have to many male ducks at the time haha im actually thinking about rehoming two of them since i have five males and only two females i had three but the males drowned her which i was very mad about haha but i guess it happens . but yeah if you have any advice for me let me know and thank you so much for helping me the best you could :)

Back
Top Bottom