What breeds are these hens?

Bloveschickens

Songster
5 Years
Oct 18, 2014
My Coop
My Coop
These two hens are my friends, she ordered a mix of breeds from a hatchery and doesn't know what breeds these two are. I think the white one might be a white rock but I don't really know about the brown one. Any ideas would be appreciated!
smile.png

This is the brown girl. I don't have any ideas really on the breed. The only idea I do have is brown leghorn but I doubt that that is the breed.

\

This is the white girl. I am guessing she is a white rock but I wanted to see what others thought.

I'd say you are on the right track, OP - those white ear lobes and the coloration point to Brown Leghorn (Welsummer would have red ear lobes) - is that also the bird in your avatar?

Last edited:
Should I tell my friend the white one is a white Plymoth rock and the brown one is either a welsummer or a brown leghorn?

A brown leghorn has whiteear lobes.Ia m pretty sure its Welsummer,so yeah.I've delt with leghorns,and they never have short combings,un less their verry young,amd often are very hard to sex.

Although Welsummers leg big larger brown eggs,and Brown leghorns lay medium sized eggs.

Back
Top Bottom