1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breeds are these!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Poultrybonkers, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    These are from my cackle surprise box
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    the thrid from bottom is a turken, Second too the bottom is polish and the last pic could be cochins

Not sure on the rest.

3. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    I agree that 3 photo from bottom Turken, 2nd photo from bottom Polish, last photo has some possible Cochins, but the pale yellow birds look as if they have a crest which would not be Cochin...may be Sultans if they have some beard.

Chick 4th from bottom looks like it has ear tufts? I can't think that Cackle carries Araucanas, but if it doesn't have a tail (feel for the little nub that should be at the end of the pelvis if there is a tail bone), it might be an Araucana as some of the hatcheries are getting some mixes in (Murray McMurray sells an Ameraucana/Araucana mix that is tufted...maybe Cackle has something like that).

A lot of possibilities for the others...and they can be anything as this is a surprise box. I couldn't get Cackle's site to load tonight, but I can see from the internet cache of the site that their rare breeds have a lot of different birds...and a surprise box will be a mix of just about anything from common to rare...so that makes identification pretty hard for some of these.

Chicks #4 and #5 from top *might* be Spitzhaubens

Chick #10 from top might be a Speckled Sussex

My guesses for tonight

LofMc

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Well I got the turken and the polish correct. The chicks with the black fluff(muff) around their necks looks like a rare breed I have seen on another thread. We all thought they looked like monks.

It certainly is an interesting assortment - hope you will get some girls out of this. They are adorable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by