What breeds are they please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Rafa, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Rafa

Rafa Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2010
    Nottingham, England
    Hi everyone, I'm a newby to everything chicken and learning lots all the time, however I am not sure which breeds I have. I know the bottom picture is my handsome and very noisy cockerel! he is under a year old and quite tame, he has black/grey legs with a few feathers on them. The first picture is of some of my ladies I would like to know the breed of the back one, I think she is a bantam, she is small and lays beatifull white eggs. The other five ladies are like the front two but the other three are alot darker red. Your help will be very much appreciated as people keep asking me what breeds I have!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    The girls look like red sex-links. I don't know what your roo is- but he's gorgeous!

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    No idea, but your rooster is gorgeous! I'll be following this thread to find out what they are.

4. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    I am waiting too. That rooster is incredible.
    His chest looks like a fancy laced pattern vest. Wow, he is Beautiful ! [​IMG]

Somebody on BYC has to know what he is !

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I see one Salmon Faverolle, a couple Wheaten Marans and 1 Red Sex Link. Not sure of the roo. Can get up cl0ose and single pic of each hen? That would make it easier.

6. Rafa

Rafa Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2010
    Nottingham, England
    Hi thanks for all your replies will be out with my camera later and post some more pics:)

7. Rafa

Rafa Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2010
    Nottingham, England
    Hi all, been able to get some photos today, not brilliant as will they stand still!!!!! Any more thoughts on breeds would be great, Many thanks:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    #1 Still not sure on the roo
    #2 A mutt
    #3-#4 All Golden Sex Links
    #5 Is that another pic of the one in #!? If so mutt

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  9. Rafa

Rafa Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2010
    Nottingham, England
    Hi thanks for all your replies and lovely comments!! I am very proud of my Roo (Rocky). As previously said I am very new to keeping chickens and a friend saw this front shot picture of Rocky and wondered if he was some sort of Silkie Cross? Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

10. MowNGrow

MowNGrow Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2010
    Townsville
    They are so healthy and fat. What are you feeding them and how old are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by