What breeds are they?

ODchickens

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 7, 2014
My wife and I are new to BYC and this is our first post. We just picked up 6 chicks and have no idea what breeds they are. Can you guys help?

The top chick looks just like our Barred Rock. The third little girl down (with the black stripe by her eye) looks like either a laced-wing wyandotte or an Easter Egger (Americauna?). I was looking for pictures of my chicks at that age, but could only find younger pictures:

This little one is the Americauna. She is not a very pretty hen, but lays the most beautiful blue/green eggs.

I don't know about the rest. What fun! Enjoy!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
Wow! Excellent pics of your chicks!
thumbsup.gif

I don't think that top bird is a barred rock. I would defiantly post in the link provided by @Kelsie2290

Good luck!

When you post photos at "what breed or gender is this." It helps if you mention the age of chicks in photo. BTW you take some great pictures.

Welcome to BYC! Cute chicks, hope you're having fun with them. Nice to have you join us!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. These chicks are too young to identify with any real certainty of accuracy, but I agree with Lady of McCamley's guesses on your What Breed or Gender is This? post. I would suggest re-posting their pics on that section in 5-6 weeks. By that time their breed and gender should be obvious. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Back
Top Bottom