what breeds can you cross to make a GIGANTIC rooster?

colewilson

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 28, 2009
ok.
this is the same person who wrote something about nugget and how to make a rooster as big as he is.
but since no one was answering me i figured i would put it in here.
i dont even know if it goes here but here goes again.
i need a rooster to protect my flock.
i was wondering what breeds i could cross to make a rooster as big as nugget.
please answer me more.
cole.

Langshans are HUGE!! I have seen some HUGE Buff Orps too. Maybe cross a langshan with a buff orp.
cool.png

Well, some have hatched humongous cockerels from my Blue Orp rooster over Buff Brahma hen. Zuni Bee is one of them and has pics on his website. Some of the pure BBS Orps are very large. My own Suede is about 14 lbs or so and over a foot and a half wide across the back abd across the chest.

thank you.
i am thinking as i am typing this i wonder if a langshanXbrahmaXjersy giant would be good.
what do you all think???

Are you wanting height as well as weight? Or height only??

Langshan vs. 5-gallon bucket:
Mikaela121.jpg

He's not as heavy as I'm used to but he's approximately 15 lbs. He feels so "skinny" to me! LOL

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't see your question about Nugget if you mean my Nugget. I don't know what breed he is, he's a mix from what we've guessed on here. He hatched from a donor egg in my classroom.

Quote:
Are you one of the hens in his flock?????

Thats bad....lol

gig.gif
No....no I am not.....but they don't scream either! LOL! It is funny to watch though! The poor Leghorn just kind of "disappeared" underneath him when he tried to breed her...

Back
Top Bottom