What Breeds Could This Chick Be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PoultryPower, Mar 4, 2013.

1. PoultryPower

PoultryPower Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2012
    We just picked up a new chick from the feed store. It came in an assorted bantam order, so the people don't know what breed it is. It is a bantam and it's as small as the Japanese chick we have. I know a lot of chicks look the same, but which breeds do you think it could be? I'm thinking Easter Egger

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If there's any other angle of picture you need, just let me know. Thanks! :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    I'm not sure what it is, but I dont think she's an EE. She doesnt have a beard or the green legs. My best bet would be some color of Old English Bantam. :)

3. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Or a Silver Seabright. What type of comb does she have?

4. PoultryPower

Mar 16, 2012
    Looks like a single comb.
    Here's a picture of an Easter Egger chick, it doesn't appear to have green legs or a beard. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    It does have a beard. And EEs are mixed by nature and can come with or without green legs. It's not a standardized breed, but rather a feedstore slurry.

6. PoultryPower

Mar 16, 2012
    Right, I know that because we had a standard Easter Egger from the feed store too. And you are right again, because I'm now seeing the beard too. [​IMG]
    So no to the EE theory. Any other suggestions?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by