What breeds did you cross and what did the chicks look like??

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I am considering putting some polish/phoenix eggs in the bator and wondering if anyone has done this. It's a black crested white polish hen crossed with a Golden Phoenix. Also wondering about a black crested polish crossed with a blue orp rooster.

Let us know what YOU crossed and if you have pics of the chicks please let us see [​IMG]

2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I crossed RIR bantams with a ?buff brahma type bantam hen? and got kinda washed out red chicks with some feathers on their legs

[​IMG]

The mother hen is the buff one and the reds are her offspring and the red pyle rooster is from Hennie and is new and in love...

3. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    silike and brahma cross
    [​IMG]
    EE and brahma
    [​IMG]
    EE and???? white leg horn maybe?
    [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

This spring we are going to hatch eggs from our turken - should be interesting - the roo is BLRW...... [​IMG]

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Very nice pics. I specially love the silkie crossed brahma! LOL Love that little top hat. Keep them coming...would love to see more.

6. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Quote:Okay, maybe I'm alone here, but.....
    Is there anything more butt-ugly than a Turken?

I have some almost 4 weeks old in my living room. I look at them everyday and they are definately not getting any cuter!
    We had gone to buy cochins and my son just had to get these, too. Just goes to show you how all chicks are cute to a 11 year old.

I've heard all the great things people say about them, but, my goodness! What a homely creature! [​IMG]

7. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I have a Phoenix/Gold Laced Cochin Bantam. It looks like a Gold Laced with not very good lacing and slightly longer than normal feathers. I also have some Gold Laced Cochin/Old English. They are mostly red with feathered feet and can fly really well like the Old English. My cochins don't fly. I also have a guinea/EE cross by accident. It looks funky. Grew faster than most chicks and sounds like a guinea but marked like a barred rock. Sorry my camera broke so no pics:(

I have all my roosters and hens together right now so hatching some chicks from the eggs will be really interesting. I have BO, a Phoenix, Barred Rock, RIR, A Cornish, a Silkie, some frizzles, 2 Buttercups, The Gold Laced Bantams, A Black Cochin Bantam, Milli Fluer Bantams, and I'm sure I left something out.

8. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I've got 2 eggs in the bator from a red frizzled bantam cochin hen and a blue bantam orpington roo. They're due to hatch in a couple of weeks, and then I can post pics...if everyone's still here posting. [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Okay, maybe I'm alone here, but.....
    Is there anything more butt-ugly than a Turken?

I have some almost 4 weeks old in my living room. I look at them everyday and they are definately not getting any cuter!
    We had gone to buy cochins and my son just had to get these, too. Just goes to show you how all chicks are cute to a 11 year old.

I've heard all the great things people say about them, but, my goodness! What a homely creature! [​IMG]

Mine is CUTE:

[​IMG]

10. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I am afraid that we will have to agree to disagree Deb! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by