What breeds do I have?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by funnyfarm, Oct 17, 2010.

1. funnyfarm

funnyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I'm not sure what I got at the last swap meet, any ideas?

2. larrylofts

larrylofts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    LOTT TX
    top pic archangle crosses second front bird cauphcine back bird brunner pouter third pic roller

3. funnyfarm

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks, Larrylofts the guy at the swap thought the capuchines were priests, but he didnt act sure of himself.

4. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Top pic....agree with coloration of archangels but I see some owl blood in there too.

5. Pigeonrh

Pigeonrh Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    Top pic my guess would be parlour roller cross for the bird on the right.

6. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    The Top pic look like Egyptian Swift crosses?

7. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    The top ones are more than likely Archangel crosses, although there are some more rare breeds that I have pictured in my mind, that look kinda similar. They are old and probably not in the US though.
    The last picture is a flying Tippler, not a roller.

8. funnyfarm

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana
    Can you tell me more about the Flying Tippler breed?

9. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    They are a highflying breed. Probably the best there is when it comes to staying in the air for long periods of time. If they are in good health and condition, they can stay in the air for 22 hours without stopping. But of course if they are hungry, you can call them in to eat if you don't want them out all day.

10. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I hope someone can helpme.

I don't have a way to add pics right now.

Haven't owned a pigeon since I was a teen and that was a long long time ago.

I went to the poultry auction down the street from me and show 2 beautiful pigeons. I just feel in love with them. They look like the two in this thread that are black and white and have the frilled neck, but different areas of the same color.

The have black faces, rumps and tails. The rest of them is all whie. No markings on the wings, just pure white. I love these guys. I looked at pigeons until 4 am Tuesday morning trying to find some like these. Lostest were "Nuns"???? I have absolutley no Idea other than I would get more if I found them. LOL I'm sure they are both males. They look exactly alike and sure no one sent hens to the auction.

Any ideas? I know it's hard without a picture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by