What breeds do you have?

yellowdragon

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Springville, Indiana
CHICKENS!!
lol.png
I just want to heard what kind of breeds you raise? Are they for Pets or Shows or Eggs and Meat? Just curious
big_smile.png

I have a Black Giant chick, and mystery chicks that I dont know what kind they are (chick pictures in the Raising Chicks thread), incubating Easter egger eggs, Silkie eggs, Show girl eggs, Australorp eggs...and coturnix quail eggs...

they will be for eggs unless they are roos...and for pets (silkie/show girls)

Quail will be for both.

(p.s.-
start collecting eggs for Vamp-a-Billy...she is my online hatch buddy)

Last edited:
I have Show quality Lemon Blue modern game bantams, Lemon splash modern game bantams, Brown red modern game bantams, White laced red cornish bantams, Serama Bantams, Fawn duckwing OEGB, Silver duckwing OEGB, Brassy Back OEGB, White Showgirls, Tons of Naked Necks, cuckoo marans, light brahma, courtnix quail, and oregon gray turkeys.

They are for Show, Pets, and eggs!!!

Last edited:
Well I'll soon have self blue d'Anvers for show and breeding.
smile.png

And I still currently am breeding/showing my bantam barred rocks but we're going to stop breeding them and are selling 3 of our hens and just keeping our best pullet and our rooster for showing.

And I breed and show my bantam cochins!

You can see pics on my website!
Besides my show birds we have lots of polish, silkies, EEs, ect.

I ordered 25 from Ideal...6 of those are sold to a BYCer who will come pick them up. They are a mixture of EE's, BR, Faverolle's, Buff Brahmas, one cochin, Red shoulder Yokohama, 9 different sex links...brown, red, black (3 of each). One male EE, Silver laced wayandotte's. And in the incubator assuming they live through a power outage (4 hours) and moving to grams house and back home, I have nine...6 giant cochins (from show stock) Blues/blacks...hoping for some blues anyhow! 2 tiny Serama's and one Golden Phoenix.

I have:

Light Brahmas
Golden Laced Cochins
Bantam Sultans
Muscovy Ducks

In the 'bator:
Mystery Swap Chicken Eggs
Porcelian D'Uccles
Anconas
Buttercups
Sebastopols

Wanting:
Brabanters
Anconas
Sumatras
Salmon Faverolles
Lakenvelders

I have mine for eggs, looks & breeding more chickens!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have:

Rhode Island Reds
Ameraucanas
Dominique
Barred Rock
Golden Polish
Delaware
Buff Orpington
Black Jersey Giants
White-crested Black Polish

Those are for eggs.

I also have 26 mutt chicks (from the chickens above) that are for dinner in a few months.

I have barred rocks, ameracaunas, bantam cochins, RIR's, Light Bramas, and 1 red star. I just ordered a bunch of blue, blue mix & silver americauna eggs! I decided I want mostly blue eggs and I really like the variety of color in the ameracaunas. I never hatched before, which is why I am back on the board after a year or so. I am hoping to have all my eggs by saturday, and ready for the bator on monday!

Back
Top Bottom