What breeds do you think (s)he is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BookWorm243, Jul 2, 2011.

1. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Hello,
    I have this little chick that was given to me and as (s)he gets bigger I start to wondering more and more what mix (s)he is. I know (s)he is young but any idea on the gender? I was told (s)he is about a month old.
    Thanks

When we first go him/her
    [​IMG]

Now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She has this line on her belly where there are no feathers, like our Cornish girl we have. So I was not sure is maybe (s)he has some cornish in her [​IMG] Just wondering [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  2. 4cheepers

4cheepers Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2011
    SEPA
    The feathering colors make me think Easter Egger or some sort of mix similar to that, but that's a complete guess. BTW, several of my chickens had that bare belly patch as babies. I always wondered what it was from, too.

3. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Looks like a girl to me, maybe just some sort of mix?

4. BookWorm243

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Thanks everyone,
    I am hoping for a girl [​IMG] The house she came from there where 2 Black Sexlink hens, 2 Black cochin, /EE mixes, 1 bantam welsummer, 2 cuckoo marans mixes, and something else but I can't remember, LOL I have no clue on what the rooster was that they had tho [​IMG]

Thanks!

5. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Her leg and feather coloring,comb,form and the bare patch of skin on her keel bone means she is not an EE.

She is most likely a cross between a bird like a Shamo,Malay or Asil. To me,she looks like a wheaten/bbr color.

6. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:Just wondering, why does it mean she's not an EE? Because EE's are a "type" and not a breed, don't they have a lot of variation? Pretty much the only thing they have in common is that they may carry the gene for blue/green eggs. While most EE's have pea combs, not all do, etc.

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:I had a few chicks with the same belly with no feathers. They filled out, fattened up and grew feathers. I think it's normal.

8. BookWorm243

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Thanks everyone,
    I have raised some EE's and she is a lot different then the ones I have had. I can get some better pictures of her, if that would help. She is a spastic little thing, hence why I was wonder is she was a he [​IMG] She is always bossing the other chicks around [​IMG]

Thanks Again [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by