What breeds have purple/grey legs? *PICS POSTED**

eoliverpeck

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 22, 2013
Maryland
I was told they are Leghorn's, only the one has greyish colored legs and its throwing me off, the other hen has more white/pinkish in color legs.

Last edited:
They look like White Ameraucana mixes to me (or really poor quality ones). They might also be white Easter Eggers.

Leghorns have yellow legs, straight combs and no beard or muffs. This bird has slate legs, pea-ish comb and beard/muffs. Its' an Easter egger. Should lay blue or green eggs.

My bet is that these EEs are Leghorn/EE or Leghorn/Ameraucana crosses. If they're Leghorn/Ameraucana crosses, some people sell them as "Super Blue Egglayers" because they lay almost as well as white Leghorns but lay blue eggs from the Ameraucana parent. Pretty cool!

(If the other parent was an EE, they might lay anywhere from light brown to blue to green eggs, depending on that parent's genetics--but they should lay very well, regardless. We love Leghorn crosses of all kinds.)

Well now I'm excited its a mystery and when they start laying ill post pictures! I think i will name one mystery too. I love BYC! You all are so helpful!

My bet is that these EEs are Leghorn/EE or Leghorn/Ameraucana crosses. If they're Leghorn/Ameraucana crosses, some people sell them as "Super Blue Egglayers" because they lay almost as well as white Leghorns but lay blue eggs from the Ameraucana parent. Pretty cool!

(If the other parent was an EE, they might lay anywhere from light brown to blue to green eggs, depending on that parent's genetics--but they should lay very well, regardless. We love Leghorn crosses of all kinds.)
I have white NNs that have Leghorn, Ameraucana and Naked Neck Turken blood. They lay huge blue eggs.

My guess is they are EE x Leghorn or Am x Leghorn based on their body frames.

Back
Top Bottom