What Breeds Have...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Reyvaughn, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Songster

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    A rosecomb?

I have a pullet that I bought as one breed but I am not so sure she's what I was told - well, she can't be with that comb. She has a rosecomb - 3 rows of points with a spike at the top of the middle row. She's blue, thin, long legged, dark legs with yellow or white feet bottoms and has a long, Sebright or Leghorn like tail. She's the pullet in my avvie, but I am not posting any other pics of her right now. I believe she's large fowl, but smaller than my Wyandottes and Orpingtons that are within a week of her age (7-8wks). She's about the size of my now 20wk old Sebrights - hence why I believe she's not a bantam. I bought her as a week or two old chick.

I went through the breeds here on the website, and none fit her.

I thought maybe someone would know more breeds than Sebrights, Rosecomb Bantams, Wyandottes, Hamburgs, Leghorns and the other breeds this site listed.

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. ChickasaurusRex

ChickasaurusRex Songster

Aug 10, 2011
    SF Bay
    Ancona, Minorca, Derbyshire Redcap, Barbu d'Anvers... are you sure she's not a bantam?
    Hope this helped! [​IMG]

3. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Songster

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    She's not an Ancona. She doesn't have the stance of a Minorca. I highly doubt she's a Buttercup and I know she isn't a D'Anver.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's a not a bantam. She was the same size as the other LF babies I got the same day. I don't know, but I'm going to go insane not knowing - just like I still don't know what my solid black supposed Barred Rock pullet is.

4. ChickasaurusRex

ChickasaurusRex Songster

Aug 10, 2011
    SF Bay
    Maybe they're mixes?

5. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Songster

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    The blue came from a breeder and the black (who I think is a Jersey Giant, although she doesn't have solid yellow soles) came from a hatchery.

Definitely a head scratcher.

6. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Songster

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:X2 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by