What breeds might these be? (Few more pics added)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by reveriereptile, May 30, 2008.

1. reveriereptile

reveriereptile Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I'm trying to figure out some of the breeds I got from an order. They are still young but some might be easier to tell. There are some that I'm not going to mess with trying to figure out till they get a little bigger (look like to many breeds). Here is a list of what they might be...
    "Sumatras, Dominiques, Golden Laced and Silver Penciled Wyandottes, Silver, Golden, Buff Laced, and White Polish, Golden Campines, Golden Penciled Hamburgs, Silver Penciled Rocks, Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins, Araucanas, Dark and Buff Brahmas, Phoenix, Fayoumis, Salmon Faverolles, W. L. Red Cornish, Lakenvelders, Black and White Langshans, Red Caps, Silver Leghorns, Crevecoeurs, Silver Gray Dorkings, Modern BB Red Games, Sultans, Buttercups, & Spanish."

This one is the main one I'm curious about since it is the only one we got like it and the most beautiful in coloring. Most of the chicks we got about 2 of each it seems like. Nonfeathered legs.
    [​IMG]

I'm assuming that this is a White Crested Black Polish. Nonfeathered legs.
    [​IMG]

Not sure what this is. Has feathered feet.
    [​IMG]

Cochins? All three have feathered feet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    The ones at the bottom are cochins the top left kind of looks like a buff brahma but can't see the legs...are they fuzzy?

3. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    The grey and orange looking chick doesn't have feathers on the legs and neither does the one with the puff on the head. The bottom ones do though.

4. greysandy

greysandy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    The middle chick looks a bit like my mystery black chick when she was a young one, that I still am wondering about (now 11 weeks). I'm leaning towards Spanish.

Oops, I just saw feathered feet on yours...now I'm not sure.

Sandy

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Black in yellow chick third down is a Black Australorp! mine are super friendly and look IDENTICAL to yours!

wait.....just saw the feet...is he/she feather legged? Strange...

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  6. pattee

pattee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    The one with the yellow top notch looks just like my crested polish

[​IMG]

7. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    Quote:Yes, it has feathered legs. The other one we have similar to it also does.

Thanks Pattee for the picture. Was curious of what they (have 4 of them) will look like as they get bigger.

8. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    Here are a couple more pictures.

Other black & white one stretching out.
    [​IMG]

Both with grey/orange chick.
    [​IMG]

Not quite sure about these. The grey one has feathered legs and there was another that looked a little more grey and had more of a puff on top of the head but it died. I'm guessing the reddish ones are the W. L. Red Cornish. They don't have feathers on their legs, have darker heads than bodies, and the two bigger out of the 3 red ones we have seem to have a stuck out chest. Had one that died and the smaller one wasn't doing to good last night but looked a little better today. I went by pictures in the catalog to see what they might be.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  9. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
  10. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I looked through all the breeds that the chicks might be and still can't figure out the grey/orange one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by