What breeds might we be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CatKai, May 25, 2010.

1. CatKai

CatKai Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2010
    USA
    I got a few new babies yesterday and wanted to see what breeds everyone thinks they are. There are 6 total, all have single combs. Thanks, Kim [​IMG]

This one is a charcoal gray color, looks like black legs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one has yellow legs with pink.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one's toes on the bottom are whitish/pink in color. Also on the front of the legs are kinda gold on color when in good light.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Ok, you need to take my guesses with a grain of salt, lol! I KNOW the last two pictures are of a speckled sussex. The white one looks like maybe a sex link roo and the all black an australorpe? Don't have any clue on the others. Hopefully someone that's a bit better will come along. [​IMG]

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I am only sure about the last three......in this order....Golden Laced Wyandotte, Speckled Sussex, Speckled Sussex! Nice breeds![​IMG]

4. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    The Grey one could be a Blue Andalusion, or maybe Blue Jersey Giant??

5. CatKai

Jan 21, 2010
    USA
    Thanks for the guesses! I got the 1st 3 from a lady that advertised Ameraucana, I went expecting EE's. What she showed me as parents were 2 EE hens, 1 she said was a Cochin & 2 mix breed roos. In the bunch for sale I saw 1 that was an EE (not for sale) & a variety in the rest. Of the 4 white (has color spots here & there), 1 had a much larger & darker comb. I picked 1 with a tiny pale comb so hope it's a she [​IMG] The last 3 came from a lady that advertised Copper Marans. What I saw when I got there she tried to tell me the Speckled Sussex were the Marans... I thought I was right on those 2 [​IMG]. Tomorrow I am going to a 3rd place, she has blue & splash French Marans advertised, hope that trip turns out as planned. Got these 6 cause I just liked them. Hopefully more picks to come on the next bunch [​IMG]

6. CatKai

Jan 21, 2010
    USA
    Also the lady I got the 1st 3 from mentioned getting eggs to hatch from someone & having someone else hatch them. Not sure if that was the bunch I picked from or the smaller ones she had. These 3 are really sweet [​IMG]

7. CatKai

Jan 21, 2010
    USA
    This is an update on the 1st 3 pictured in the original post. The little charcoal one with the white has turned out to be an Easter Egger - she has pretty black ear muffs and beard. If you look really close (in person) she's got very faint barring now. She's staying on the small side so far so maybe a bantam? The white one is getting ear muffs and a beard as well which I totally did not expect, I am afraid she's really a he. Had almost no comb with no color for awhile then it was there [​IMG] Someone told me Cochin mix so getting the muffs and beard I guess Cochin x Easter Egger? Not sure what do do if she's a he as we don't want a rooster but we will see. Still not sure on the other but it is getting barred feathers in the body now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kim

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by