1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what breeds please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fostina1, Jan 20, 2010.

1. fostina1

fostina1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2009
    Waverly, Tn
    this first one was given to me by the old man i got some hens from last year. favorelle? i think.

[​IMG]

these were a couple of my hens from ideal a couple months ago. dont remember what the packing list said.

[​IMG]

and a few bantams im not sure about

bantam 1
    [​IMG]

bantam 2
    [​IMG]

bantam 3
    [​IMG]

and bantam 4
    [​IMG]

thanks
    chris

2. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    You rooster Im not really sure about. Think he maybe a mix. How many toes does he have? He is missing the beard of the Faverolles. On the hens, the one in the front is an EE. The one in the back its hard to tell exactly what she is. The first two bantams look like silver-duckwing old english. Bantam #3 is a hatchery example of a white laced red cornish. And #4....looks like a dubbed white Jap but again, hard to be certain.

3. fostina1

Aug 4, 2009
    Waverly, Tn
    rooster does have feathers on his legs if that matters. i think he only has 4 toes. not positive.

4. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    He seems to have more of a brahma look to me, but hard to be certain.

5. fostina1

Aug 4, 2009
    Waverly, Tn
    and the rooster does have a wide (almost like a crown) comb. like 2 combs with one piece in the middle. ill get a picture if it matters.

6. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    He does remind me of a Brahma as well, maybe a not very well bred dark http://www.cleulow.com/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_109/dark~cock~6.jpg

As
    for the other chickens, I would have to agree with what has all ready been said. If your pullet in the front has a single comb, and lays white egg she could be a hatchery Campine, but E.E is more likely.

7. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:yep thats what I would say on the breeds

8. NarutoTn

NarutoTn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Dyersburg
    bantams 1 and 2 are OEGB silver duckwings

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by