What breeds??

phantomml

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 4, 2011
New Waterford
Hi I have a few different chicks that I am just not sure- it was a mixed lot from a breeder who had several different kinds. I dont know why but it wont let me post pictures in this post, but copy and paste if you would please

This one was born from a light tan egg, I was thinking Americana, it had the chipmunk appearance, and it looks like it, but the light tan egg??

90329_what_is_it_light_tan_egg.jpg

This one I have no idea, looks like a white chick with cinnamon face and black dots

90329_new_peep_orange_3.jpg
90329_new_orange_peep_3.jpg
90329_new_peep_orange_2.jpg
90329_new_peep_orange.jpg

I think this is a jersey giant, but the white on the wings is throwing me off?
90329_black_jersey_giant_2.jpg
90329_black_jersey_giant.jpg

And I was told these are Columbian Wyandottes:

90329_wyandottes.jpg

I HAVE NO IDEA! I have 22 mixed breed chicks I hatched from my own chickens and can only tell what some are. It is a hard job guessing breed mixture in a chick but I wanted you to know you have some very loveley chicks and I hope someone else can be more helpful than I was!............
smile.png

I could be wrong but the first on is not an Ameraucana. How old is it? I have 2 that are almost 3wk and they had super puffy checks right away. So between that and the tan colored egg I think it is safe to say that it's not a Ameraucana. But a super cute chick though!

it is 2 weeks old, thats why i don't know anymore! the lady said it has to be one of the following:
Araucana, Americana, Barred Plymounth, Black Giants, Columbian Wyndottes, Buff or Lavendar Orpingtons, Rhode Island Red, Black copper maran, or Sussex

Back
Top Bottom