1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breeds??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by phantomml, May 5, 2011.

1. phantomml

phantomml Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    New Waterford
    Hi I have a few different chicks that I am just not sure- it was a mixed lot from a breeder who had several different kinds. I dont know why but it wont let me post pictures in this post, but copy and paste if you would please

This one was born from a light tan egg, I was thinking Americana, it had the chipmunk appearance, and it looks like it, but the light tan egg??

[​IMG]
    This one I have no idea, looks like a white chick with cinnamon face and black dots

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I think this is a jersey giant, but the white on the wings is throwing me off?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And I was told these are Columbian Wyandottes:

[​IMG]

2. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    I HAVE NO IDEA! I have 22 mixed breed chicks I hatched from my own chickens and can only tell what some are. It is a hard job guessing breed mixture in a chick but I wanted you to know you have some very loveley chicks and I hope someone else can be more helpful than I was!............ [​IMG]

3. urbancountrygal

urbancountrygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Clovis
    I could be wrong but the first on is not an Ameraucana. How old is it? I have 2 that are almost 3wk and they had super puffy checks right away. So between that and the tan colored egg I think it is safe to say that it's not a Ameraucana. But a super cute chick though!

4. phantomml

phantomml Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    New Waterford
    it is 2 weeks old, thats why i don't know anymore! the lady said it has to be one of the following:
    Araucana, Americana, Barred Plymounth, Black Giants, Columbian Wyndottes, Buff or Lavendar Orpingtons, Rhode Island Red, Black copper maran, or Sussex

5. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    black dots and cinnamon face look like the second batch of tetra tints i got from TSC. my first batch had dots but yellow colored face.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by