What can I do????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by k&c poultry, Jul 25, 2011.

1. k&c poultry

k&c poultry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    NJ
    I just got done hatching and am ready again to put more in and I fired up the incubator after cleaning it and my temp is perfect and staying that way but my humidy is 78 I don't know what to do

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

did you allow it to COMPLETELY dry out before turning it on?.. mine always spikes after a good cleaning.. since every little crack and crevasse holds moisture.. but after a day or two it settles down to where it should be..

3. k&c poultry

Jul 2, 2011
    NJ
    I let it dry pretty good but guess not as much as it needed lol is it okay to have the eggs in that for that couple of days?

4. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I'd leave it to run empty for a day. Can the eggs wait an extra day? Just in case...

5. k&c poultry

Jul 2, 2011
    NJ
    I'm not quite sure how long can they go from when there layed to when the go in the bator? It's about 90-110 degrees here regularly

6. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

if your house temps are that high put them in the bator.. the humidity in the bator from cleaning it won't be high for more than a day or two and won't affect them as much as you would think

7. k&c poultry

Jul 2, 2011
    NJ
    Ok thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by