What Can I Gift My Pregnant Friend?

IvysAnimals

Songster
Mar 30, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hello! I found out last week that my friend found out that she was pregnant! She's getting her first ultrasound thingy today. She didn't have much of a good childhood when she was growing up and she lived with my family when we were 4, 5, 7 and 8. ( I was 4, my brother was 5, her brother was 7 and she was 8. ) She went to 31+ different homes and 19+ different schools in her whole life, she was molested when she was 6yo by her mother's uncle, her parents were drug addicts at the time, she was adopted by her mother's step cousin who mentally abused them, she had cps come to her house and she lived with us for a year ( maybe a little more ). That was as of a couple of years ago, she's moved since then to more places. She's just turning to an adult and this is her first child. Everyone around her is being so judgmental, including her adopted and biological family. She's not poor or has a bunch of $ that she can spend so I really want to help her. She has a job with her boyfriend ( he's 33 ) that she's having a baby with. Her boyfriend works at a restaurant and gets a decent amount of money and is training her to be the manager of the restaurant from home. Are there any gifts that I can make / purchase for her?? What kind of brands, stores or items are good to get ? I really want to help her because she means so much to me and she feels that we're the only people that made her life / childhood feel happy.

EDIT: She's fine with me saying this, i'm not going behind her and saying this.

Last edited:
I wish everyone with a difficult childhood had someone like you. This world would be a better place.

I recommend something to save memories or build new family traditions. Scrapbooks come to mind and I'm afraid my age is showing.

Or perhaps if you sew, embroidery. There are many baby themed printed embroidery kits out there. I found it easier than counted crosstitch despite more complicated stitching.

Your story warmed my heart this morning. Thank you!

I wish everyone with a difficult childhood had someone like you. This world would be a better place.

I recommend something to save memories or build new family traditions. Scrapbooks come to mind and I'm afraid my age is showing.

Or perhaps if you sew, embroidery. There are many baby themed printed embroidery kits out there. I found it easier than counted crosstitch despite more complicated stitching.

Your story warmed my heart this morning. Thank you!
Thank you!! I do sew a bit but usually its pillow cases or stitching a torn item.. I might be able to sew a pillow case for her or something that means much to her!

Hello! I found out last week that my friend found out that she was pregnant! She's getting her first ultrasound thingy today. She didn't have much of a good childhood when she was growing up and she lived with my family when we were 4, 5, 7 and 8. ( I was 4, my brother was 5, her brother was 7 and she was 8. ) She went to 31+ different homes and 19+ different schools in her whole life, she was molested when she was 6yo by her mother's uncle, her parents were drug addicts at the time, she was adopted by her mother's step cousin who mentally abused them, she had cps come to her house and she lived with us for a year ( maybe a little more ). That was as of a couple of years ago, she's moved since then to more places. She's just turning to an adult and this is her first child. Everyone around her is being so judgmental, including her adopted and biological family. She's not poor or has a bunch of $ that she can spend so I really want to help her. She has a job with her boyfriend ( he's 33 ) that she's having a baby with. Her boyfriend works at a restaurant and gets a decent amount of money and is training her to be the manager of the restaurant from home. Are there any gifts that I can make / purchase for her?? What kind of brands, stores or items are good to get ? I really want to help her because she means so much to me and she feels that we're the only people that made her life / childhood feel happy.
Diapers. Don't bother wasting money on unimportant things that won't get used or used once then tossed aside. Buy something useful. Diapers.

Also...it's not very nice to spill other people's personal information online.
All of the details could have been left out of the story. You should let your friend choose if she wants the world to know her details.

Diapers. Don't bother wasting money on unimportant things that won't get used or used once then tossed aside. Buy something useful. Diapers.

Also...it's not very nice to spill other people's personal information online.
All of the details could have been left out of the story. You should let your friend choose if she wants the world to know her details.
I did ask he and she's fine with it

Back
Top Bottom