1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What can I incubate together??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom2Munchkins, May 13, 2009.

1. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I have only ever done chicks, but I am REALLY hoping to do ducks and geese next. I also want to try turkeys and peafowl eggs.

So can ducks and geese be done together?

Chickens and turkeys??

I hope to only incubate things together that have the same incubation 'rules' and length. It will just make it easier for me, and hopefully give me a better hatch rate. And, I only have an LG, so I don't wanna overwhelm it. [​IMG]

2. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    sorry but i have to ask...how are your feathered feet eggs doing from Harley's girl?

3. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Quote:They are in the incubator!! Today is day 8 and I will probably try and candle them tonight!!! [​IMG] Thank you so much!!!

4. adrian

adrian Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Regina, SK
    I incubated ducks and geese together without a problem. Out of three goose and three duck eggs, all three ducks hatched and two geese did. The goose that didn't make it quit early on. Generally, it works out.

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I'll run quail and chickens at the same time. Always had good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by