1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What can I use to worm my rabbits?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by shelleyd2008, Mar 3, 2009.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I know the dogs (dad's) had worms, and I suspect that the chickens do too. Some of the chickens roost in the 'bunny room' of the barn. All the cages are covered, so no one gets pooed on, except for one side of a cage. Of course this is the side that the bunny's food is on, so the darned chickens poo in her feeder sometimes. I always clean it out, but well, Idk.

The bunny is very skinny. If you run your hand down her back, you can feel every bone in her back. I don't think it is her teeth, I checked them and they don't seem too long. So worms is the only other thing I can think of.

I have wazine wormer for the chickens, can that be used on the bunnies too? If so, what would the dosage be?

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

I use ivomec -- You can also give a block of untreated wood to help with teeth.
    I would also move the bowl so chicken poo doesn't get on it. Since she is so skinny I would give her full access to feed at all times and she needs some hay. You might also give dandelion leaves - this will help her if her stomach is upset.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Can I get ivomec at the feed store? And I know I need to move her feeder, I've just been lazy [​IMG] I did give her wood to chew. She didn't chew it as much as the others did, but she did chew it. A friend of mine is supposed to be coming to check her teeth for me, since I'm not sure what they are supposed to look like. Guess I could look at the other's teeth? [​IMG] Duh!

4. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

yes - you get it at the feedstore. The only downfall is that you have to buy a large bottle. But it can be used on other critters on the farm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by