1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What caused my chicken's death

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bsides, Oct 24, 2015.

1. bsides

bsides New Egg

Feb 18, 2014
    I had a 1-1/2year old Golden Sex Link. Her neck had been broken. When we found her little body, her neck was denuded but I found no blood whatsoever. One of my "Reds" had nipped at her feathers. Since then (about a week and a half ago) we have been on a major rat/opossum hunt (kill). But, I don't think those varmints killed No rigor had set in (does that happen in chickens?). Since then we have been on a major rat kill and whatever else comes in the area (opossum). Now that I have said all that, the girls quit laying ( except the Reds...bless them)..a couple have molted and are over it, but now I am at a loss.

2. bsides

bsides New Egg

Feb 18, 2014
    I obviously had more than one issue there. Sorry all... after all that, I still don't know what killed my fav chicken

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! Post in the "Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures" section.

4. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry for you loss. Hope you can find a way to exterminate your rats and maybe the possums as well. If you know anyone with Jack Russell terriers maybe you could borrw them. They are very rough on rats and probably not fond of possums either.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. :hugs So sorry to hear about your favorite girl dying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by