What chicken breed is this?

Poultrypassion29

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2022
Hi guys.. we bought this little guy with our rhode island reds.. what I'm confused about is that the people we bought this guy from only bred rhode island reds and only had reds on his farm... but this guy is white and black and not red like the other reds we got..

Attachments

• 20220601_102446.jpg
    20220601_102446.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 18
I'm not sure why they said they only had RIRs. Perhaps they bought the chicks from a hatchery and are just reselling them as adults. I think you have either a mottled Java or an Ancona. I believe leg color can help determine which it is, so that info would be helpful.
They are kinda like a small hatchery so I don't think they buy from other people although I wouldn't knoe if they did.. we went to their hatchery and they only had RIRs there so honestly not sure

They are kinda like a small hatchery so I don't think they buy from other people although I wouldn't knoe if they did.. we went to their hatchery and they only had RIRs there so honestly not sure
How strange. Perhaps you can email them with a photo of her and ask them what is going on. That's probably the only way you will find out.

Back
Top Bottom