• I’ll comment down below

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’ll awnser down below

• Who cares

• Total voters
Sep 22, 2019
What chicken should I get? More importantly what chicken fits me? I want a chicken around 4-5 pounds so they are around the same size of my Easter Eggers so it’s not much bullying or fighting what so ever. I want a nice breed that’s some what around 4-5 pounds any ideas? What would get along with Easter Eggers most of the time it depends on the independent chicken but what breed would be good with Easter Eggers that are around 4-5 pounds.

No~one can tell you what breed of chicken you should get. So much depends on the individual bird. However there are breed generalizations. Have a look here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/reviews/
Whatever you get you should expect some disruption while the girls sort out their pecking order. It's not the size of the chicken, it's the size of the fight in the chicken. One of my top girls is an Australorp bantam. No~one pushes that girl around! Bear in mind, as a generalisation, many of the larger standard breeds are dominant breeds: BAs, BRs, Wyandottes ~ & will generally be @ the top of the pecking order in a mixed flock. I've kept them all, loved their personalities but found they generally get on better with people than different chicken breeds. Nothing wrong with that unless you can't handle the inevitable squabbling while they sort things out.

Everyone's experience of chicken keeping is different. You are sure to get a variety of opinions.

Why rock the boat? If you like Easter Eggers just get more. I love my 2 EEs.

A few others...lordy lordy there's so many
Look up Black Copper Marans. Mine is very friendly.
My Buff Orpingtons are sweet.

Easier to say what not to get.
Barred Rock are probably bigger than you want and mine were bullies.
Leghorn and Legbar are slim and flightly, and you said you don't want ones that fly.

Seriously, there are so many. I'm still googling breeds myself. I'm considering Speckled Sussex.

You should google different breeds. What I or others say are good breeds may not fit your ideals. As you hang out here you'll hear about so many breeds. Google all of them, and have fun doing it!

And...WELCOME to BYC!:welcome!!!

how do you do the emoji thing
First, stop posting the same question over and over in multiple threads. This question has been answered in at least one other of your repetitive threads. This is only going to confuse you. It also confuses us because we think we answered already.
Second, go to the introduction thread and post about yourself. There's even a post at the top to give you ideas on what sort of things to tell us. Much if that information will be able to help us advise you and all newcomers.
Third, by posting there you will get greetings from tons of helpful people AND a bunch of information on how to use this site and find your way around inside. It's the perfect place to ask about things like icons and other questions about this site.
:frow

Back
Top Bottom