What chores do you dislike doing?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hennotrooster, Jan 30, 2013.

1. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    Last night while cleaning up the kitchen and putting away the utensils I was wondering if anyone else disliked this chore as much as I do. I do it but do not like it. What chores are a chore for you...Please share so that I do not just feel plain lazy about cleaning.

2. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

For me, the most hated chore is cleaning the bathrooms. I won't delegate to anybody else in the family because they won't clean to my satisfaction, I'm a stickler for clean and it has to be done right. Since they are all men/boys their standard of cleaning does not match mine! So I'm stuck with it. Forever.

So no, your not lazy, I'm sure we all have something or other we hate doing all the time.

3. Sweetly Silkies

Sweetly Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2012
    MO
    My Coop
    On snowy/cold/rainy days i absolutely hate going out and putting up the chickens. I have 5 stops i have to make out there to feed and water, the broody w/chicks, silkies, main coop, rabbits, chicks. then i ride up to the grow out pen to do them.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Scooping the dogs poop in the rain/snow/hail is absolutely the worst especially when it is fresh or soggy :sick.

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate doing the dishes and dusting! It seems like you finish that chore just to have todo it again later!

6. Sweetly Silkies

Sweetly Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2012
    MO
    My Coop
    dusting especially when you live with dogs and on a farm. [​IMG]

7. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    Yes..Dusting is horrid I live in the High Desert and we do not have lawn we have 3 acres of dirt. The people that live behind us like to scrape their ground so the ground is soft and when the wind picks up my gosh we at that point live in the dust bowl sometimes we can't see the back of the property especially if their neighbor just scraped as well. We do not scrape we mow down and pluck the weeds.

Also dislike folding laundry. Got to go do lunch dishes dad just finished his soup.

8. MaryMouse

MaryMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2011
    I hate being in the kitchen period. I hate cooking and dishes. Despite this I am told I am a good cook. Winter is not an easy time for me so of course that makes chores a real drag. Besides that I dont mind much else.

9. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    CHORES. Chicken chores are exempt.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  10. Clay Mudd

Clay Mudd Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    South MS swamps

I don't mind washing dishes, but sometimes I hate putting them away. I don't even know why.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by