What chores do you hate doing?

chickenraiser24

Chirping
Aug 15, 2015
Here, you can say a chore you hate doing, and why(optional).
I will start:
Cleaning the nesting boxes. Why? Because my EEs have recently shown interest in the boxes. By that, I mean they have started pooping in them. It gets my Rhode island red's eggs dirty. Plus, my rir just has to lay an egg in the box I am cleaning.

Ma had a couple of things she didn't like, but dusting was the one thing she hated! She had two sayings - "The Bible says we came from dust and we're going to return to dust - that means there's a lot of people either coming or going in my house and I'm leaving them alone!" And the other was, "I was going to dust the furniture today, but I looked around and everything already seemed to have enough."

Gotta be cleaning out the coop every morning - the smell created when sweeping all that poo makes me gip!

CT

Totally understand. No matter how often I clean my coop, I found a mouse today. Removing the mouse from the mouse trap is something I really hate doing. It is disgusting!

And the whole unpleasant business is beyond human tolerance with a hangover
lau.gif

Yeah, put me down for as a vote for cleaning up the poop in the morning when someone has deposited a caecal poop.

I do not mind on a non caecal morning because I really do enjoy tending to the gals every need but those caecal’s can knock you flat on your back at 5am and linger for whole day!
sickbyc.gif

Well, it isn't really a chore, but I don't like setting my alarm, mainly because I am tired and I want to sleep. :idunno

Well, it isn't really a chore, but I don't like setting my alarm, mainly because I am tired and I want to sleep.
idunno.gif

Alarm?? Of what do you speak??
lau.gif

If my gals do not have me out of bed before 5am, then the neighbourhood Crows do and even if both of those are not on the job, my beautiful little cat comes and pats me on the nose 'Wake up Mum'. Just once I would like to wake up of my own accord, rather than be woken up.

As my signature says ... there is No snooze button on a chicken who wants breakfast
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom