What city folks should know about dogs:

D Kluck

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 8, 2013
East Texas
I was at a company dinner last Saturday night in Dallas and subject of people getting rid of their unwanted dogs came up. The lady said they didn’t want to take the dog to an animal shelter or SPCA because they knew that the dog would be destroyed and she didn’t want that. So they took the dog for a ride in the country and dump it on a farm road thinking the dog would have a great life on someone’s farm. Another person said they have done that same thing too. This happens way too often. Ranchers and farmers like myself 9 times out of 10 have to kill these dogs. A grown city dog that didn’t grow up around livestock and poultry will chase and kill them. City dogs can’t adapt to the new surroundings. They just don’t. All farmers I know have plenty of dogs…and none of these dogs bother the livestock or poultry….they grew up with them. So city dwellers please remember when you dump your dog in the country you are the one that is executing it ...not the farmer.

cntrywmnkw

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 30, 2012
Utopia SC
thumbsup.gif
goodpost.gif
yesss.gif
Well said, I too have had my share of "city" dogs dropped out here in the country for us to deal with. They don't have a clue, it's absolute irresponsibility on their part & just plain cruel. Hope you told them about their stupidity.

CedarAcres

Sunny Side Up
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Connecticut
My Coop
My Coop
I'll never understand people who do that. If they "care" so much about the dog having a good home, why don't they wait until they find someone to adopt it?

Top Bottom