What classes to show chocolate orpingtons in?

crispyminstral

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 21, 2011
Hello,

I have a lovely trio of this years chocolate orpington bantams which I am planning on breeding in 2013, and hence would like to show them. I am new to showing and am unsure of which classes I can enter them in as I believe they are not standardised yet? This is a link to the show I am hoping to enter, please could someone advise as to what classes I could enter with my gang.

Many thanks,

Christine

http://www.suffolkessexpoultryclub.com/Open Show Schedule NYO 2013.pdf

Bantam orpingtons are in SCCL. It is a recognized breed, but not variety. Okay scratch that; that is how you would enter them in an American show. But you are in England. Looking at the flyer, they would be entered in Bantam Soft Feather Heavy as class 401 for males and 402 for females. Contacting the Show Secretary for any questions would be a good idea. Her contact information is listed near the end, along with a link to the entry forms\

I didn't know if I could show a non standard colour in a general class though, I didn't know if I'd have to find an AOC class for them instead? I have emailed the organiser a few days ago but haven't heard anything so thought I'd double check on here :)

I didn't know if I could show a non standard colour in a general class though, I didn't know if I'd have to find an AOC class for them instead? I have emailed the organiser a few days ago but haven't heard anything so thought I'd double check on here :)
Most of the folks here are more familiar with APA/ABA show rules. I am sure there are a few familiar with British poultry show rules, but not nearly as many. Maybe try calling her? The phone number is listed on the flyer.

Back
Top Bottom