What color are my baby Orps? Blue/Black/Splash?

kyliekobe

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 7, 2009
Kailua
I just finish hatching out my very first bunch of eggs, and got 5 out of 7 baby bbs orpingtons.

I'm very curious to find out what their colors are. Would someone be able to help me out with that.

Here's a pic of baby #1:

38602_baby_3.jpg

Is this black??

Here's a pic of baby #2:

38602_baby_2.jpg

Is this blue??

Pic of baby #3:

38602_baby_1.jpg

Is this splash??

Sorry for the picture/lighting quality. I used my iPhone, because my camera wasn't charged. Too impatient to find out:p

Thanks for your help!

Hi Gumpsgirl,

Thanks for the info:). It's so neat to see the different colors! I can't wait till they grow up and feather out!

You're welcome!
smile.png

The blue, black, splash Orps are my favorite! I don't think you can hatch out anything cuter than a Orpington chick!
love.gif
I have three broodies that have been hatching some the last two weeks. They are just too cute!
smile.png

Awwwww! All those chicks....it must be sooooo cute! I'm jealous!

This was my first time hatching, and it was so much fun. I can't wait to do it again...just need more space!

chickensducks&agoose :

I thought there was only one kind of orpington... buff... can you post pictures of grown ups?

Oh no! There are many different kinds! Blue, black, splash, lavender, mottled, creole, buff, and white. I might have even left some out!

Here are a few pics of my blues, splash, black, and lavenders.
smile.png

A splash pullet
7910_dsc04324.jpg

A dark blue hen
7910_dsc04365.jpg

A light blue pullet
7910_dsc04336.jpg

A young lavender pullet
7910_dsc04364.jpg

My splash cockerel
7910_dsc04315.jpg

See! There's lots of other colors out there and I don't even have all of them.
smile.png

Quote:
No need to be jealous! It looks like you have your own cute balls of fluff there!
wink.png

Hatching is fun! I am totally addicted to it!
tongue.png

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh Suede
love.gif

sorry for the hijack but I love that blue boy! Wish I'd had that picture to bead...it would have driven me mad for sure. hehehehe

Sorry got distracted by Suede....gumpsgirl those are beautiful birds.

Those chicks are just the cutest..congrats!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom