What color are these? (Ameracana/EEs)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by redfeather, Feb 18, 2011.

1. redfeather

redfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    I honestly don't know if they are just EE's or pure Ameracanas... but that's okay, I don't really care... I just want blue and green eggs. [​IMG]
    Any idea what these guys will look like?

Chick1
    This was the only buff/light yellow colored one with faint chick camo stripes... I grabbed her xD
    [​IMG]

Chick2
    This one has big dark blotchies all over her head, and clearly defined saddle.
    [​IMG]

Chick3
    This one is sooo pretty, light wheat color with sharply defined chick camo.
    [​IMG]
    'other side
    [​IMG]

Chick4
    Right now I'm calling her "blur" in my head because her chick camo is softer and blendier.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick5
    The little "darkie". It's a dark chocolate one and the down seems almost liver/blue.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Chick #2 looks just like my EE chick when it was young. Cant say for the rest of them, but I LOVE the furball at the end!

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    #1 not sure but the rest are all EE's but soo cute:)

4. redfeather

Oct 28, 2010
    Yeah, I was pretty sure they were EE chicks, but what colors will they likely be when all growed up? [​IMG]

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:shades of browns Im guessing:)

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Those are all Easter Eggers, so really, you're just going to get a bunch of girls or boys with shades of brown, black, and possibly white or blue (gray) [​IMG]

The first is likely a silver duckwing or a pyle type color

All the rest are duckwing based colors, meaning if male they'll be black and gold or black and red, if female they'll mostly be brown.

7. redfeather

Oct 28, 2010
    Oh, I hope they're blue-ish. (probably not, but, I can hope).

Hah, my dad took me to the local co-op (in Marysville, not Monroe) to look at chick feeders for when they get bigger (because we suffered with a modified milk gallon last time), and they had like 100 RIRS and PR/BRs. We got 2 RIRs.

Okay... I just gotta avoid the co-ops for a WHOLE MONTH so I can still have room for my giant blue cochins, welsummers and black copper marans (maybe some penedesencas too!)

8. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    I'm not sure what color they'd be, but they're so cute! [​IMG]

I love EEs!

9. the Precious Ladies

the Precious Ladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Maryland
    Chick #1 looks like one of my chickens when she was younger. She turned out being black, golden, a little red, yellow, and white. Shes so pretty! I have a white EE and a blue one too. Your chicks are so cute though, no matter what color they will be when their older [​IMG]

10. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    That is a very hard question to answer at those ages. Most of your darker ones are going to probably be some form or partridge/quail colors of brown/red/rust/orange. Chick 1 may very well be white or mostly white I had two her color and they are completely white. The mostly yellow w/ some colored spots may be mostly white w/ some color. The one you called blur I believe looks like it may have white highlights instead of tan. But those are guesses, it's a waiting game and that's the fun of it!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by