What color are these Ancona ducks?

Oct 22, 2021
Hi, We have two Ancona ducks that are 9 weeks old; we are trying to figure out what color they are. When they were little we thought they were silver, but now we are not 100% sure. Please let us know what you think. Thanks!
Screenshot 2022-08-14 1.58.18 PM.png

female
Screenshot 2022-08-14 1.45.14 PM.png

drake - He is really confusing me because around his eyes are dark, but his body is much lighter.

Hi, We have two Ancona ducks that are 9 weeks old; we are trying to figure out what color they are. When they were little we thought they were silver, but now we are not 100% sure. Please let us know what you think. Thanks!
View attachment 3222975
female
View attachment 3222976
drake - He is really confusing me because around his eyes are dark, but his body is much lighter.
They are beautiful :). I just started breeding Anconas this year and have some trouble telling colors apart too, so I'd like to see the answers you get. My guess would be the female is a blue and your drake is a lavender.

They are beautiful :). I just started breeding Anconas this year and have some trouble telling colors apart too, so I'd like to see the answers you get. My guess would be the female is a blue and your drake is a lavender.
Thanks :) We just started with them this year too. I was thinking the female is blue and the drake is silver or lavender.

Back
Top Bottom