what color are these cochin hens?????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lcw, Jan 19, 2010.

1. lcw

lcw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    I have had them since 2007 and I still don't know what color they are. Please help me out!!!!! Thanks. Cole.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This next hen was broody. She wasn't happy with me because I took her out of the nest so I could get these pictures. She was standing real tall stretching so that's why shes so tall looking.
    [​IMG]

And these next pictures are just for fun!! HAHAHA!
    [​IMG]
    The hen on the left is the one above and my Buff Cochin Bantam Hen is broody also so they are sharing the same nest.
    [​IMG]
    This cochin hen needs a bath very badly. She was snow white when I got her but now she's really dirty.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    The first 2 look to be lemon blue project birds, so most likely buffXblue. Where did you get them?

3. lcw

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    I got them from a flea market. I wish I would have got pictures of the roosters I got with them before we got rid of them. They were beautiful. One was orange and white with black and blue and gray splotches and the other was orange and blue with black and red splotches. Some of the prettiest roosters I had ever seen. Got rid of them because they were too big for our little hens.

4. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    they are gorgeous.

5. lcw

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by