What color are these kits?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jamie_Dog_Trainer, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Champagne X Broken Red New Zealand Litter

These kits are five days old now and I was so happy to see some color variations in this litter, as my last litter of purebred Champagnes were all one color (as they should be). Anyway I don't know what to call these colors....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I posted this same question on my FB and my cousin answered "they are brown, black and appaloosa" LOL! [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Red, fawn, broken blue and black.

4. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    the second one looks like a tort to me? Been a while since i have had that color though, so I could be remembering wrong. They are adorable though!

5. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Yay thanks Deb! [​IMG]

But.. the broken has some brown in it's face...does that still make it a broken blue? And which are the Red and Fawn? LOL I feel so stupid asking..but I really don't know. If they were puppies I'd say they were: black, dalmation, orange sable and red.....LOL

6. debilorrah

Quote:The color is determine within 7 days of birth, no matter what happens with their coat as they get older. The brown may be just be a part of it's nose and will even out. I have a chestnut agouti that is changing daily, but it is a chestnut agouti. Same with my broken blue.

www.northernwindsranch.com rabbits, gallery. Take a look at the broken blue at birth, two weeks and 4 weeks. You'll see what I mean.

7. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Thanks [​IMG] Is the fawn the orange with the blue points?

8. coreybee

coreybee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Nottingham, PA
    I don't know the colors, but OMG are they adorable. I bet they feel like velvet!

I miss having bunnies. I'm hoping sometime next year I can get a hutch up.

9. debilorrah

Quote:Yes, as it gets older, it will lighten up a great deal and then the head will get darker.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by